Sunday, August 25, 2013

London Continued, Day 8 (21 Aug)

Slept late enough to miss breakfast, but I think I needed it. Sasha appears to have gotten away okay. My only firm plans for the day was to find an art shop and do my washing. After running through my list I decided on Atlantis Art shop in Shoreditch which seemed to be enormous.

It was a good chance to see a slightly different part of London. Herman, when you get to London one day, you'll have to make some time to pass through Shoreditch. There's some amazing modern buildings here, the new, next to the old.





Walked the market. It's mainly clothes, but it did have some special bits. There was a guy selling the most incredible pop-up cards, ships, London attractions, all sorts! And so tempting because of how easy it would be to get home...except for the price.



There's also some amazing street art dotted about.



Did track down the art shop and had a good look around. Art supplies are much cheaper in England! I could only justify picking up three brushes, for minitures painting, but I calculate that I've saved almost R100 buying them here.



Spotted this interesting address as I headed back to the bus stop.



Managed a walk past the Imperial War museum on my way back to the hostel.



Talking about the hostel, here's a picture for you.



The rest of the afternoon was pretty mundane. Found a laundromat, did some washing. The lady running it was really friendly and helpful. Then nipped off to get some food for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment