Thursday, August 22, 2013

London Continued, Day 6 (19 Aug)

Got up with James for breakfast at 04:00. Yes, 04:00. Saw him off, and then crawled back into bed till 08:00. By 08:00 they've expanded the hot breakfast selection from toast to scrambled eggs, baked beans, and sausage that must have barely made 40% meat. I have forgotten how good baked beans are for breakfast.

Sorted some print outs, had a last cup of "free" hot chocolate, and caught the shuttle to Stansted airport. There I bought myself a couch ticket to Liverpool Street. Quite a nice view of the gherkin from there.



As luck would have it when I've got 4 500ml bottles of leftover beer in my luggage, the bus I wanted wasn't running. So it's only after a variety of tube trips, a bus, and a walk, that I found myself outside the London Eye Hostel.



Couldn't check in yet, but could abandon the heavy bag in the luggage locker. Then picked up lunch as I made my way to Trafalgar Square and St. Martin-in-the-field where I was due to meet Sasha.



After meeting up, I settled in with my selected brass that I wanted a rubbing of, while Sasha took a wander over to that den of geekiness known as Forbidden Planet.



Took a bit of concentration, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly, and after about 2 and a half hours, Elizabeth Bellingham was complete! I must admit to being quite chuffed with her.



Sasha had joined me again by then, and we did a slow turn on Trafalgar Square. It tends to be a mass of people, but I got a better look at some portions this time round.





Also spotted one of the biggest dogs, never mind Great Dane, that I ever saw!



I then found out that Sasha didn't know what Hamley's, so I dragged her off that way. They still have some of the best soft toys I've ever seen.









Then back to the hostel to cook dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment